User verification API
VASP must perform as both the originating and beneficiary VASP.This API is called when VASP works as a beneficiary one when the originating VASP requests to verify a beneficiary before the withdrawal. The API needs to handle the below:
- Verify the name of the beneficiary.
- Verify the address (account number, wallet address) of the beneficiary.
- Verify the KYC certification.
- Verify the AML certification.
- Perform sanction screening on the originator.
- VASPs can also perform additional filtering or verification process about the personal information of the originator/beneficiary internally.If the user verification has been normally completed, VASPs can return additional personal information on the beneficiary in the ivms101 format.
- result field specification is as follows.
- One of “VERIFIED”, ”DENIED”, ”UNKNOWN” and ”ERROR”.
- VERIFIED: Verification is successful, and there is no problem with the user.
- DENIED: The wallet addresses are correct, but one of the users (including the originator) has a problem (e.g. lack of KYC credential).
- UNKNOWN: The wallet address is unknown (not owned by a VASP).
- ERROR: Other undefined errors.
- reason field specification is as follows.
- The field is valid only when
resultthe field is DENIED.
- Refer to the below table for the
- Visit the below page for requiredBeneficiaryInfo field in
- If the error reason of LACK-OF-INFORMATION is returned, refer to the below page for the message field.